The 2005 car was designed with three key goals in mind - a very low centre of gravity, a high torque through the low RPM range and a fully integrated aerodynamics package.
- Acceleration 1.4 g, 0-75m in 3.7 seconds
- Braking 1.7 g
- Torque - 75 Nm @ 9,000 RPM, 65 Nm @ 5,000 RPM.
- Downforce - 500 N @ 100 km/h
- Weight distribution - 40%/60% Front / Rear.
Engine & Drivetrain
- Yamaha YZF-R6 600 cc inline 4 cylinder
- Dry-sump oiling system
- Lysholm-screw type positive displacement supercharger
- Clutch pack LSD
- Ball-type Constant Velocity joints
Chassis & Aerodynamics
- Carbon-fibre reinforced polymer monocoque made with resin infusion
- Carbon and Kevlar reinforced undertray for abrasion protection
- Wind-tunnel tested aerodynamic package
Wheels and Brakes
- 3 piece, all aluminium custom wheels.
- Cast centers incorporating a dog drive, center lock retention system.
- Floating rotors with calipers integrated into the upright
- Pneumatic anti-roll system with a rising spring rate
- Electronic gearshift mechanism employing a stepper motor